Founded in 2007 to tranform the leadership culture at the university level in east and central africa
Africa Youth Leadership Forum(AYLF) is a collaborative initiative that brings together University Student leaders, students, and young professionals across the country from both public and private Universities, for mentor- ship, training, networking and capacity building. Our core focus being nurturing new breed of leaders in Africa, AYLF was formed in 2007. It is now present in Kenya, Uganda, Rwanda, Burundi, Tanzania, DR Congo, and South Sudan.
Our aim is to nurture a new breed of leaders who will transform the leadership culture in the communities they live in.
• To foster reconciliation, friendship and unity among
Young leaders in Africa across all the existing racial,
religious and tribal divides.
• To promote and support a servant leadership model for leaders in Africa.
• To further the principles and emulate the Leadership qualities of Jesus of Nazareth.
• To highlight and emulate
successful leaders in Africa and in the world who have
championed unity and reconciliation.
• To engage in activities that will foster socio-political and economic development of Africa.
• To facilitate learning and sharing on common interests.
• To provide opportunities where young leaders can be mentored.
Our Core Values
Other values adopted to guide our work
The people who are causing most of the problems in the world are just a small percent of the population. It is said that in any society 5 % of the people are the ones who make things happen, and another 5% is watching those who make things happen, and the remaining 90% does not know what is happening. Our movement has taken up this mission to reach out to leaders. Because, we know that once they are influenced to do good with the power given to them….many others, especially the poor will benefit. However, we ourselves only recognize one Leader and that is the one whose message and example we use as our common ground and our ideal, Jesus.